Fenlex Corporate Services Ltd., one of the leading corporate service providers in Malta, is looking to recruit a Compliance Officer.
The Compliance Officer will be responsible for ensuring that Fenlex is in compliance with its regulatory and legal requirements, including the implementation of its internal policies and procedures as well as identifying and managing risk. The successful chosen candidate will also be responsible in overseeing the KYC department, which will involve conducting regular reviews, amongst other further responsibilities outlined below.
General responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that the company complies with all relevant laws and regulations applicable in Malta. This includes financial regulations, data protection laws, anti-money laundering (AML) regulations, and other industry-specific regulations.
- Developing, implementing, and updating internal policies and procedures to ensure that they align with regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
- Regularly monitoring the company’s activities to identify and address any compliance issues, as well as conducting regular risk assessments and reporting findings to senior management in quarterly compliance reports.
- Providing training and education to employees on compliance matters to ensure that everyone in the organization is aware of their responsibilities and the importance of compliance.
- Collaborating with other departments to assess and manage risks associated with non-compliance. Developing strategies to mitigate these risks and enhance overall risk management efforts.
- Conducting internal audits and investigations to ensure compliance and address any identified issues promptly. This may involve working closely with external auditors or regulatory authorities.
- Serving as a point of contact for regulatory authorities in Malta. This involves maintaining open lines of communication and providing necessary documentation and information as and when required.
- Providing guidance and advice to employees on compliance-related matters. This may include interpreting complex regulations and ensuring that the business operates within legal and ethical boundaries.
- Assisting other entities within the group in the collection of due diligence and assist with regulatory reporting. Assist the MLRO in any Compliance related matters.
- Ensuring that proper records are maintained, including customer due diligence information and records of transactions. This is essential for audit purposes and for demonstrating compliance with AML and CTF regulations.
- Promoting a culture of ethics and integrity within the organization and encourage employees to report any unethical or non-compliant behaviour.
- Identifying opportunities for process improvement in relation to compliance and recommend and implement changes to enhance the overall compliance program.
- Leading and managing the KYC team, providing guidance and support to team members whilst fostering a positive and collaborative team culture.
- Conducting performance evaluations for team members and Identify areas for improvement and provide constructive feedback.
- Staying informed about advancements in KYC technology and recommend updates or changes to current systems.
Requirements of the ideal candidate:
- Knowledge of Corporate industry regulations and standards.
- Have a strong working knowledge of the Maltese regulatory framework.
- Expert Knowledge in Due diligence & AML functions & practices.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Proficient in the use of Office Applications.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meeting tight regulatory deadlines.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Analytical thinking and ability.
- Able to demonstrate independence of judgement.
- Management experience.
- Effective problem solver.
- Have a proactive approach and possesses the ability to think outside the box.
Candidates will be provided on the job training having excellent career growth prospects and an opportunity for continual professional development.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Personal data provided by a candidate will be processed by the Organisation for the purposes of its recruitment process and in case of employment for the purposes of the employee’s relationship with the Organisation.
Fenlex Corporate Services Ltd. Is registered to act as a Company Services Provider by the Malta Financial Services Authority.